Thursday, April 8, 2010

Busy Day Schedule

Further to my post on change. Here is a sample of a busy day schedule that we used on a day that would normally have been overwhelming.

Unusually for us, my son had 2 parties in 2 days. The first was a Friday night sleepover party and as you can imagine, he was exhausted by Saturday morning.

We chose to "wag" morning swimming lessons and swapped the time slot for relaxation time, (making sure his sister gave him a wide berth) so he could clear his head and recharge.

We don't get invited to many parties, so I felt it was important to prioritise around them for his social benefit.

My husband and I also attended a wedding that same day and the kids were being babysat by my in-laws which threw in extra elements of change.

My son found the schedule really useful and it kept him calm as he knew exactly what he needed to do and what was going on throughout the day.

It was so successful that I'm actually planning on making up some templates, laminating them and re-using them for most days with a whiteboard marker. I'll post the templates on this blog soon.

1 comment:

  1. Mart that is soo simple & brilliant- & no doubt totally effective! Did he have a great time at both the party & grandparents house? Did you guys relax & have great time at wedding? It must give you peace of mind- esp as you all out at diff things that unusual day...to not worry so much if the 'planning' works....
    miss xxx

    ReplyDelete